Sometimes you don't need a grill to make good BBQ. That is the case with this zesty slow cooker pulled pork recipe. We guarentee this pulled pork will melt in your mouth.
Yield 16½ cups
- 4 lbs. Boston pork butt
- 1 Tbsp. dark chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded & diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 oz. Heinz chili sauce
- ½ cup yellow prepared mustard
- ¾ cup unfiltered cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup red wine, such as Murphy-Goode Liars Dice Zinfandel
- 2 tea bags black tea (unflavored)
- Rolls or hamburger buns, for serving
- Remove pork from refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chili powder, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, cumin and salt. Rub entire mixture evenly on the pork butt and place in the crock pot. Add onion, jalapeño and garlic.
- Combine chili sauce, mustard, vinegar, molasses and wine in a bowl.
- Pour mixture over the roast.
- Place tea bags in the liquid at opposite ends of the roast.
- Cook on high for seven hours or until the meat pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove the tea bags and shred the pork right in the crock pot along with all the liquid.
- Set crock pot temperature to warm and serve with your favorite rolls or hamburger bun.