Thailand has become a popular tourist destination for it's stunning beaches and fun culture. Their cart food inspired this Thai grilled chicken recipe. Serve with our sauvignon blanc for a real treat!
Thai Grilled Chicken
- 16 boneless chicken thighs
- 8 stalks of lemongrass, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 12 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Thai fish sauce
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raw peanuts, deep fried and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- Make the marinade by adding lemon grass (use only bottom 1/3) and green onion to food processor and finely chop.
- Add fish sauce and sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Marinate thighs at least three hours and then grill over your favorite hardwood fire until done.
- Garnish with green onions and peanuts that have been tossed with the sugar and salt.
Serves 8 as an entrée.