Greek Style Prawns
- 5 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 lbs. large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, diced small
- 1½ Tsp. dry mustard
- 1 Tbsp. dry oregano
- ¼ Cup white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- ¼ Cup fish or chicken stock
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pieces sourdough bread, sliced (toasted or grilled)
- ¾ Cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Cup fresh tomato, seeded and diced medium
- ½ Cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet over high heat, add 3 Tbsp. canola oil. Heat oil for 1 minute.
- Sear prawns on one side and remove from pan. Set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and add remaining canola oil.
- Sauté garlic, red onion, dry mustard, and dry oregano until onions are tender.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and reduce.
- Add fish stock and olive oil and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add prawns, cook for 2 minutes and remove pan from heat. Season to taste.
To serve: Place one slice of grilled bread on appetizer plate. Spoon prawns mixture on top of bread and garnish with feta, diced tomato and parsley. Serves 8 as an appetizer.