Crab Cakes: Northern California Style
- 1/3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 1 pound Dungeness crab meat
- 4 tablespoons red pepper
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons marjoram
- 1 ear fresh corn
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add green onions and remover from heat.
- Place crab meat in bowl, beat the egg and mix with crab.
- Add x cup bread crumbs, corn, cream, marjoram, peppers and green onion.
- Mix by hand.
- Form into 8 patties (3" x 1/2"). Roll patties lightly on remaining bread crumbs. Heat remaining butter in large sauté pan.
- Place crab cakes in pan (they should sizzle) and cook at lowest setting for 5-6 minutes Cakes should be golden, not brown.
- Serve with salsa.