MURPHY-GOODE A REALLY GOODE CAUSE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANGES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED, OR WHERE SPONSOR IS UNABLE TO OBTAIN REGULATORY APPROVALS OR DETERMINES THAT ENTRANT IS INELIGIBLE.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Murphy-Goode A Really Goode Cause Contest (the “Contest”) will begin on April 3, 2023 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and end on June 30, 2023 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be submitted during the Contest Period to be eligible. Contest is subject to these official rules (“Official Rules”).
2. SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Jackson Family Wines, Inc. d/b/a Murphy-Goode Winery, 425 Aviation Boulevard, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age (“Entrants”). This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law, or where Sponsor is unable to obtain regulatory approvals.
The following persons are not eligible: (1) employees, officers, directors, agents, or representatives of (a) the Sponsor; (b) the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of the Sponsor; (c) any entity connected with the production or administration of the Contest; (d) licensed alcoholic beverage retailers, wholesalers, or distributors; and (e) any parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any entity referred to in (a), (b), (c), or (d); and (2) immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related) and of any person referred to in (1) above. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
5. HOW TO ENTER: There are two methods of entry for the Contest:
i) Online Entry. During the Contest Period, visit https://www.murphygoodewinery.com/mgw-really-goode-cause-contest.html, click the link to Murphy-Goode A Really Goode Cause Contest and follow the instructions for entry. Entries must be received during the Contest Period.
ii) Email Entry. You may email your Submission, name, address, phone number and date of birth to email@example.com with a subject line of Murphy-Goode A Really Goode Cause Contest during the Contest Period.
All entries received by the end of the Contest Period that are complete and otherwise qualified will be eligible to win (“Submissions”).
Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. Each Entrant can only use one (1) email address/telephone number to register for, or otherwise participate in the Contest. If it is discovered that a person has attempted to: (i) register more than one (1) time during the Contest Period; and/or (ii) use more than one (1) email address/telephone number to register for, or otherwise participate in, the Contest; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) they may be disqualified from participating in the Contest. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, telephone numbers and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other systems(s) or program(s) to register for or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Contest. All registrations are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable registrations that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
6. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions must creatively pitch in a video why their 501(c)(3) charitable organization should be selected to receive a donation from Sponsor. Submissions must be posted on https://www.murphygoodewinery.com/mgw-really-goode-cause-contest.html or as submitted otherwise as described herein. Submissions (1) may not include anyone under 21 years of age; (2) may not be sexually explicit, violent, obscene, lewd, offensive or derogatory; (3) may not promote drugs, tobacco or firearms (or the use of the foregoing); (4) may not contain images of children or items appealing to children; (5) may not depict any violation of law; (6) may not contain images of overconsumption or intoxication; (7) must be completely original and not appear to duplicate any other submitted submission; (8) must not contain material (including lyrics) that either violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, rights of privacy, publicity or intellectual property, or that otherwise constitutes copyright or trademark infringement; (9) communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate. Submissions must be 1280x720 pixels or 16:9 aspect ratio, in MPEG4, MP4, or MOV file format and up to 3 minutes long. Maximum video upload is 1 GB.
By entering the Contest, you represent and warrant that your Submission is entirely your own work, owned by you, or otherwise authorized and you are not under any contractual obligations, including guild and/or union memberships, that would prohibit you from participating fully in this Contest or would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to use your Submission royalty-free and in any form of media. Contestant agrees to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims of infringement or invasion of privacy for any use by Sponsor of the Submission. All Submissions become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All Submissions are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to the Sponsor (including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable Submission and/or Contestant, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, late, ineligible, damaged or misdirected entries, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Incomplete submissions will be considered void.
7. JUDGING AND NOTIFICATION: A panel of qualified judges will conduct judging of all Submissions received during the Contest Period. Each Submission will be judged on a 100 point scale based on the following criteria:
· Pitch creativity (25 points total)
· Clearly explains charitable organization /mission (25 points total)
· Explains Entrant’s involvement with charitable organization (25 points total)
· The impact of the charitable organization to the community (25 points total)
At any time before, during or after the Contest Period, Sponsor may post Submissions online (including on its website and third-party websites) in whole or in part for advertising and promotional purposes. Posting of this/these Submission(s) does not increase a Contestant’s chance of winning. The Submissions with the greatest number of points shall be selected for final consideration based on the requirements herein (“Selected Entrant”). In the event of a tie, the “impact of the charitable organization to the community ” judging criteria will be given double weight.
Selected Entrants that satisfy all requirements herein shall be designated as Final Selected Entrants. Prior to designating Final Selected Entrants, Sponsor shall contact each Selected Entrant’s chosen charitable organization to obtain permission to publicize Selected Entrant’s submission. Selected Entrant’s charitable organizations must grant in writing to JFW rights no less robust than those provided in these contest rules in a form satisfactory to JFW in order to be designated a Final Selected Entrant. Failure to obtain permission may result in disqualification of Selected Entrant at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor retains the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entrant, Selected Entrant, Final Selected Entrant or their chosen charitable organization for any purpose.
8. PRIZE: Three (3) winners will each directly receive $10,000 for themselves, and Sponsor shall donate $25,000 to each of the three (3) charitable organizations pitched by each winner (the “Prize”). Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $35,000. Total ARV of all Prizes is $105,000. ALCOHOL WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN ANY PRIZE.
Final Selected Entrant is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Gift cards are subject to the rules and conditions of issuing vendor. If the Final Selected Entrant does not want a portion of the prize, that portion is forfeited. All federal, state, or local on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Winners may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize.
9. WINNER SELECTION: A winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received for the Contest on or about September 15, 2023.
10. NOTIFICATION: Final Selected Entrant will be notified via telephone or email on or about September 15, 2023. In order to be eligible to receive the Prize, Final Selected Entrant will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release and any other required materials, which: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, their participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the Final Selected Entrant: (a) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; and/or (b) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; (c) submission is not approved by the applicable charitable organization; then they may be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, such decision to be made on or about September 25, 2023. Any alternate winner so selected will be notified via telephone or email on or about September 25, 2023 (in which case the provisions of this section shall apply to such new Final Selected Entrant, modified as necessary). Note that provision of your social security number may be required.
11. CONDITIONS: Entrants, Selected Entrants, and Final Selected Entrants consent to the use of their name, voice and/or likeness by the Sponsor for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law. All entries must be complete to be eligible and the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen or misdirected mail/email. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Furthermore, Sponsor may publicly share Entrants, Selected Entrants, and Final Selected Entrants video submissions.
By entering, Entrants, Selected Entrants, and Final Selected Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and release the Sponsor and its parents, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Contest and/or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, liability for death, personal injury, damage or loss. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding; and Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
Disputes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California and venue for any legal action or claim must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in California. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or violating the Official Rules.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to, among other things, system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems related to the online entry; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by Entrants in the entry process, or by the Sponsor in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries, including computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, the presence of computer viruses or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; (f) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries ; or (g) any injury or damage to persons or property (including death) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. In the event of a system malfunction or the presence of a virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Contest at its sole discretion.
Moreover, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever.
13. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Contest, each Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right they may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this Contest, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
15. POSTING OF SUBMISSION. Posted Submissions may be displayed for public viewing/analysis. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may determine the order, pattern, sequence, rotation and/or prominence of posted Submissions and may append commentary to posted Submissions. In submitting Submission, Entrant grants Sponsor, without compensation or further notice of any kind, the perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, transferable, fully paid up, worldwide right (including moral rights) and license to (i) post their Submission materials on the web site as well as all rights to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, manufacture, construct, make derivative works from or otherwise exploit the Submission (in whole or in part) in any manner and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised and (ii) use, copy, perform, reproduce, display, edit, modify and distribute any submitted material, including but not limited to use of your appearance, likeness, voice or name, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such submitted material, and to grant and authorize sub-licensees of the foregoing, without further compensation to you. Entrant further agrees, without compensation and upon Sponsor’s request, to complete, sign and return any additional documentation that may be required by Sponsor relative to such grant of rights. EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY INDICATED OTHERWISE, SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE HELD IN CONFIDENCE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH YOUR INTEREST IN POSITION AND SUBMISSION (EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY INDICATED OTHERWISE HEREIN) TO BE PUBLIC AND/OR DO NOT WISH TO GRANT SPONSOR THE RIGHT TO POST YOUR SUBMISSION ON THE WEB SITE (AND RELATED RIGHTS), DO NOT SUBMIT AN SUBMISSION. At all times and without notice or liability of any kind, Sponsor retains the right to remove a Submission due to violation of these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor acts as a passive conduit for the online display, transmission, and distribution of Submissions and has no obligation to and expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for (and liability in conjunction with) screening, monitoring, or reviewing Submissions (or the content of same). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if Sponsor or its agencies are notified by a web site user that a Submission posted on the web site does not conform to these Official Rules, Sponsor and its agencies may (or may not) investigate the Submission in question and take whatever actions (or no action whatsoever) as Sponsor sees fit in its sole discretion without liability, responsibility or obligation of any kind.
16. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: For a copy of these Official Rules or the winner list, please send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Murphy-Goode A Really Goode Cause Contest, 425 Aviation Blvd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403. (Requests must be received by September 28, 2023.)
© 2023 Murphy-Goode Winery, Santa Rosa, CA.