FRIENDSGIVING SWEEPS RULES
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Murphy-Goode Friendsgiving Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on October 15, 2022 at 12:01 AM Pacific Time and end on November 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be submitted during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. This Sweepstakes is subject to these official rules (“Official Rules”).
- SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Jackson Family Wines, Inc. d/b/a Murphy-Goode Winery, 425 Aviation Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (“Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age (“Entrants”). This Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law, or where Sponsor is unable to obtain regulatory approvals.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are three methods of entry for the Sweepstakes:
- Instagram Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, post a photo on Instagram showing your Friendsgiving celebration and include the hashtag #GoodeFriendsgiving and also tag @murphygoodewine. Entry cannot be done via Instagram Reel or IGTV.
- Twitter Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, post a photo on Twitter showing your Friendsgiving celebration and include the hashtag #GoodeFriendsgiving.
- Online Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://www.murphygoodewinery.com/mgw-friendsgiving-sweepstake.html and follow the instructions for entering. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- PRIZE: One (1) grand prize winner (“Selected Entrant”) will have their next Friendsgiving hosted by Murphy-Goode winemaker Dave Ready for themselves and five (5) of their friends at a location to be determined (the “Grand Prize”). The Friendsgiving will be held on a date mutually agreed upon by both parties with no less than sixty (60) days’ notice and must be redeemed before December 31, 2023. Six (6) Runners-Up will receive a Murphy-Goode Friendsgiving hosting kit with branded Murphy-Goode items (the “Runners-Up Prize”). Runners-Up will be chosen on a weekly basis throughout the Sweepstakes. Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $3,500. ARV of each Runners-Up Prize is $150 for a total ARV of $900. ARV of all prizes is $4,400. ALCOHOL WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IN ANY PRIZE.
- WINNER SELECTION: The Grand Prize winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes, in a random drawing to take place on or about December 7, 2022. One (1) Runner-Up winner will be drawn every Friday throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Runner-Up winner drawing dates are as follows: 10/21/22, 10/28/22, 11/4/22, 11/11/22, 11/18/22 and 11/25/22. Odds of being selected are determined by the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) winner per household.
- NOTIFICATION: Selected Entrant will be notified via direct message on the social media platform from which they entered or by telephone or email on or about December 7, 2022. In order to be eligible to receive the Prize, Selected Entrant will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt an affidavit or declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release and any other required materials, which: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (iii) releases the Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes, their participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If the Selected Entrant: (a) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time; and/or (b) cannot accept the Prize as awarded for any reason; then they may be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries, such drawing to be conducted on or about December 15, 2022. Any alternate winner so selected will be notified by notified via direct message on the social media platform from which they entered or by telephone or email on or about December 15, 2022 (in which case the provisions of this section shall apply to such new Selected Entrant, modified as necessary). Note that provision of your social security number may be required.
- CONDITIONS: Selected Entrant consents to the use of their name, voice and/or likeness by the Sponsor for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law. All entries must be complete to be eligible and the Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen or misdirected mail/email. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete, illegible or indecipherable entries due to, among other things, system errors or failures or otherwise, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, bugs and/or problems related to the online entry; (b) technical failures of any kind; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error that may occur or be encountered by Entrants in the entry process, or by the Sponsor in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries, including computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, the presence of computer viruses or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature; (f) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or (g) any injury or damage to persons or property (including death) which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. In the event of a system malfunction or the presence of a virus, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Sweepstakes at its sole discretion.
- WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right they may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this Sweepstakes, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
- OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST For a copy of these Official Rules or the Selected Entrant list, please send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope (WA and VT residents need not affix return postage) to: Murphy-Goode Friendsgiving Sweepstakes, 425 Aviation Blvd., Santa Rosa, CA 95403. (Requests must be received by February 28, 2023.)
The following persons are not eligible: (1) employees, officers, directors, agents, or representatives of (a) the Sponsor; (b) the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of the Sponsor; (c) any entity connected with the production or administration of the Sweepstakes; (d) licensed alcoholic beverage retailers, wholesalers, or distributors; and (e) any parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any entity referred to in (a), (b), (c), or (d); and (2) immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related) and of any person referred to in (1) above. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. Each Entrant can only use one (1) email address/telephone number/social media account to register for, or otherwise participate in the Sweepstakes. If it is discovered that a person has attempted to: (i) register more than one (1) time during the Sweepstakes Period; and/or (ii) use more than one (1) email address/telephone number/social media account to register for, or otherwise participate in, the Sweepstakes; then (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) they may be disqualified from participating in the Sweepstakes. Use (or attempted use) of multiple names, identities, telephone numbers and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other systems(s) or program(s) to register for or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes is prohibited and is grounds for disqualification. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes. All registrations are subject to verification at any time. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate in this Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable registrations that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
Selected Entrant is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize or any part of it become unavailable for any reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Selected Entrant does not want a portion of the prize, that portion is forfeited. All federal, state and local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Winners may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize.
By entering, participants and Selected Entrant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and release the Sponsor and its parents, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from the Sweepstakes and/or use of the prizes, including, without limitation, liability for death, personal injury, damage or loss. All decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding; and Entrants agree to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
Disputes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California and venue for any legal action or claim must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in California. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating the Official Rules.
Moreover, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, amend or suspend this Sweepstakes, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever.