A Really Goode Job Terms and Conditions
- Services. The selected individual (“Selected Individual”) will provide the following services to Jackson Family Wines, Inc. dba Murphy-Goode (“JFW”): Shadow winemaker Dave Ready Jr. and the winemaking team during harvest and assist in winery operations; work with teams to drive awareness and build demand for Murphy-Goode Winery; develop strong working relationships across functions of the winery; network and build relationships with employees, trade and consumers of Murphy-Goode; provide hospitality to trade and consumers by contributing to a positive winery experience; and promote Murphy-Goode wines through various channels and events.
- Substantial travel potentially required. Valid government-issued photo identification a must.
- Payment for Services. The Selected Individual is eligible to receive a year-long position (from roughly September 2021-August 2022) and housing in wine country along with 30 cases of Murphy-Goode wine for the term of employment. Compensation is as follows: (i) Salary and Benefits: $120,000, (ii) license to lodging in Sonoma County, and (iii) 30 cases of Murphy-Goode wine. Selected Individual is responsible for payment of all payroll, fringe benefit, and other applicable taxes.
- Eligibility. Job applicants (“Applicants”) must be 21 years of age or older, a legal resident of the 50 United States and D.C., and/or authorized to work in the U.S. Post-secondary school education strongly preferred. Applicant must have full right, power and authority to submit application (and, if application is accepted, to perform duties of the position), such that his/her submission of application (and, if application is accepted, performance of duties of the position) will not result in the violation of the rights of any third party. Applicant must be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 lbs. This position is overtime-exempt, and requires the availability to work flexible hours and weekends, when necessary. Jackson Family Wines, Inc., Santa Rosa, California, is an equal opportunity employer.
- Application Period. Applications will be accepted from March 1, 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. PST to June 30, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. PST. However, application deadline may be extended in JFW’s sole discretion.
- Posting of Application. Upon completion of steps (A) and (B), application will be posted on web site. Posted applications will be displayed for public viewing/analysis. JFW, in its sole discretion, may determine the order, pattern, sequence, rotation and/or prominence of posted applications and may append commentary to posted applications. In submitting application, Applicant grants JFW, without compensation or further notice of any kind, the perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, nonexclusive, transferable, fully paid up, worldwide right (including moral rights) and license to (i) post his/her application materials on the web site as well as all rights to use, perform, exhibit, reproduce, manufacture, construct, make derivative works from or otherwise exploit the application (in whole or in part) in any manner and in any and all media now known or hereafter devised and (ii) use, copy, perform, reproduce, display, edit, modify and distribute any submitted material, including but not limited to use of your appearance, likeness, voice or name, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such submitted material, and to grant and authorize sub-licensees of the foregoing, without further compensation to you. Applicant further agrees, without compensation and upon JFW’s request, to complete, sign and return any additional documentation that may be required by JFW relative to such grant of rights. EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY INDICATED OTHERWISE, APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE HELD IN CONFIDENCE. IF YOU DO NOT WISH YOUR INTEREST IN POSITION AND APPLICATION (EXCEPT WHERE EXPRESSLY INDICATED OTHERWISE HEREIN) TO BE PUBLIC AND/OR DO NOT WISH TO GRANT JFW THE RIGHT TO POST YOUR APPLICATION ON THE WEB SITE (AND RELATED RIGHTS), DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION. At all times and without notice or liability of any kind, JFW retains the right to remove an application due to violation of these Terms & Conditions (including but not limited to the Content Guidelines as discussed below), as determined by JFW in its sole discretion. JFW acts as a passive conduit for the online display, transmission, and distribution of applications and has no obligation to and expressly disclaims any and all responsibility for (and liability in conjunction with) screening, monitoring, or reviewing applications (or the content of same). Notwithstanding the foregoing, if JFW or its agencies are notified by a web site user that an application posted on the web site does not conform to these Terms & Conditions (including but not limited to the Content Guidelines), JFW and its agencies may (or may not) investigate the application in question and take whatever actions (or no action whatsoever) as JFW sees fit in its sole discretion without liability, responsibility or obligation of any kind.
- Application: Content Guidelines. Application must comply with the Content Guidelines set forth herein. The Content Guidelines are for purposes of illustration only and JFW may reject applications which are otherwise deemed inappropriate and/or not in full compliance with these Terms & Conditions in its sole discretion. Applications will be rejected if they contain any of the following materials (also referred to as “scenarios”):
a. Material that violates the rights of publicity, privacy, trademark, or copyright of any third party (excluding the Murphy Goode product, logo and branding for the purposes of this application);
b. Material that is obscene, offensive, profane, violent, discriminatory, libelous, slanderous, abusive, hateful, defamatory or unfit for publication;
c. Material that appears to duplicate any other submitted submission;
d. Material that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
e. Material that communicates messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which JFW wishes to associate;
f. Material that violates any law;
g. Material intended to promote a commercial/business enterprise, a charity, political, religious (or other) cause;
h. Scenarios portraying underage drinking, alcoholism/alcohol abuse or drunk driving;
i. Scenarios depicting situations where alcohol is being consumed rapidly, excessively, involuntarily, as part of a drinking game, or as a result of a dare. Scenarios depicting situations where alcohol is consumed in an irresponsible fashion;
j. Scenarios portraying persons lacking control over their behavior, movement, or speech as a result of consuming alcohol or in any way suggesting that such conduct is acceptable;
k. Scenarios portraying or implying illegal activity of any kind by a potential Selected Individual or any other individual;
l. Scenarios portraying alcohol drinking before or during activities, which for safety reasons, require a high degree of alertness or coordination.
m. Scenarios depicting specific retail outlets (where alcohol is served or sold) or identifying retail outlets by name or otherwise; scenarios depicting retail outlets as unkempt or unmanaged;
n. Materials appealing primarily to persons under the legal drinking age including Santa Claus, cartoon characters, language and symbols;
o. Language or images that are lewd or indecent; scenarios portraying sexually explicit activity as a result of consuming alcohol; language or imagery depicting or containing graphic nudity;
p. Language or imagery that employs religion or religious themes;
q. Scenarios portraying consumption of alcohol as being important to education or directly or indirectly degrading studying;
r. Language or imagery that suggests that alcohol is needed for social, financial, educational or athletic success.
Submissions must be 1280x720 Pixels or 16:9 Aspect ratio MPEG4, MP4 OR MOV FILE FORMAT, and between 30-90 seconds long. By entering, you represent and warrant that your application is entirely your own work, owned by you, or otherwise authorized and you are not under any contractual obligations, including guild and/or union memberships, that would prohibit you from participating fully or would limit or impair JFW’s ability to use your application royalty-free and in any form of media. Applicant agrees to indemnify JFW against any and all claims of infringement or invasion of privacy for any use by JFW of the application. All applications become the sole property of JFW and will not be acknowledged or returned. All applications are subject to verification at any time. JFW reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to the JFW (including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) to participate. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of JFW in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the applicable application, in JFW’s sole and absolute discretion.
9. Selection of Selected Individual. JFW will select the Selected Individual for the position based on all eligible applications received. JFW anticipates such selection will be made in July 2021. JFW may solicit input from third party consultants and others in selecting Selected Individual. Applicants will be evaluated on role value, creativity and design, applicable experience and skill set. A panel of Murphy-Goode judges will conduct judging of all applications received during the Application Period. Selected Individual must complete, sign and return an Employment Contract; Selected Individual will not receive any compensation in conjunction with completion/signing/return of Employment Contract. If Selected Individual fails to return the completed, signed Employment Contract within indicated time period, JFW reserves the right to rescind offer of position and will have no liability or obligation to such Selected Individual. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions and the Employment Contract, the Employment Contract will prevail, govern and control.
10. Limitations on Liability. JFW (including its agencies) is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected or illegible applications, photos or email; postage due mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/website/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of application, photo or other information/data, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information/data. JFW (including its agencies) is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information/data, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with the promotion and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the web site. JFW will reject the application of any individual that JFW determines, in its discretion, (a) to be attempting to tamper or tampering with the application process or the operation of the promotion or web site; (b) to be attempting to perpetrate a fraud or perpetrating a fraud on JFW (including but not limited to the knowing inclusion of false information in his/her application); or (c) to be acting otherwise in violation of these Terms & Conditions. In such event, in addition to rejection of such individual’s application, JFW reserves the right to take any and all measures deemed necessary and appropriate so as to protect its rights. JFW (including its agencies) is not responsible for injury or damage to Applicants’/prospective Applicants’/web site users’ or to any other person’s computer (or information/data stored therein) related to or resulting from submission of an application or other use of the web site.
IN NO EVENT WILL JFW, ITS RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, ITS ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR ITS RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, EXCEPT WHERE EXCLUDED BY LAW. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. Release of Liability. JFW and all of its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, shareholders and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be indemnified and held harmless by participants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s) or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the promotion, the provision of Services and/or use of the web site.
12. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL/DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW: To the fullest extent permitted by law, Applicants/prospective Applicants/web site users agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by an action in state or federal court located in the State of California and, any right to a trial by jury, and a trial by jury, is waived, and (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the promotion; and (c) Applicants/prospective Applicants/web site users waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms & Conditions, or the rights and obligations of Applicants/prospective Applicants/web site users and/or JFW and its agencies in connection with the promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction. Should any term of this section be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term or provision shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms and provisions hereof, and the remainder of these Terms & Conditions shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein.