- 2 cups Murphy-Goode Zinfandel
- 20 ounces melted Ghirardelli 60% cocoa, dark chocolate squares
- 12 ounces melted unsalted butter
- 20 ounces sugar
- 8 eggs
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli milk chocolate, double chocolate filling- chopped
- In a saucepan, simmer wine to reduce by half, measuring one cup.
- Mix together butter and chocolate, then in a mixer beat together with sugar.
- With mixer on low, beat in eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to be incorporated.
- Beat on medium high for an additional five minutes, or until mixture has lightened in color.
- Fold in reduced wine and vanilla, then flour and chocolate.
- Mix until fully combined.
- Spread finished mixture in a buttered and papered jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through bake time.
- Brownies are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out with a sticky crumb.