Autumn will be arriving before we know it and with it will bring football season. When half-time commences take a break from spectating on the couch and get outside for your own game. Let that crisp fall air into your lungs and get ready for a friendly game of two-hand touch vineyard ball with your buddies. Anyone can play and no vineyard is necessary. Just bring a winning attitude, your best buds, and one pigskin.
Two-Hand Touch Vineyard Ball
- Give your teams awesome names, like Cab Crushers or The Merlot Rangers.
- Flip a coin to decide who's on offense.
- No tackling, or you're automatically elected to clean dishes.
- Once the ball is hiked, don't cross the line of scrimmage until the quarterback does.
- You get one rush every four downs (in other words, air it out).
- You'll need at least one referee.
- The referee can throw people out of the game for unsportsmanlike conduct (though truthfully, we've never met a foul we didn't like).
- No field goal kicks. Just two point conversions.
- Choosing captains is simple. Whoever brings the ball, and whoever brings the wine.
Have fun out there!